Here we go again! Can you believe that it's been three years since Eevee last took center stage on a Community Day in order to teach its evolutions brand new moves? It's been a long and complicated few years, but it's time once again to celebrate everyone's favorite 8-branching evolutionary Pokemon!
So what do we get this time, Last Resort? Well, yes and no. While Eevee is getting this old Elite Move, this time, we're getting new moves for all of the Eeveelutions!
August 2021 Community Day
|Event Start||Event End||Bonus|
|August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT||August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT||1/4 Egg Hatch Distance|
Eevee will be spawning en masse with an above average Shiny rate during this event, and the following moves will be available:
- Eevee caught or hatched during the event will know Last Resort
- Eevee evolved into Vaporeon during the event will learn Scald
- Eevee evolved into Jolteon during the event will learn Zap Cannon
- Eevee evolved into Flareon during the event will learn Superpower
- Eevee evolved into Espeon during the event will learn Shadow Ball
- Eevee evolved into Umbreon during the event will learn Psychic
- Eevee evolved into Leafeon during the event will learn Bullet Seed
- Eevee evolved into Glaceon during the event will learn Water Pulse
- Eevee evolved into Sylveon during the event will learn Psyshock
We will also be able to enjoy the following:
- Eevee can evolve into Sylveon for a mere 7 hearts instead of the normal 70 during event hours
- A timed research will be available to give out a Mossy Lure and a Glacial Lure
- A box will be available for purchase for 1,280 coins that will contain various items, including an Elite Fast TM and an Elite Charged TM!
- A $1 paid research line will be available in the shop, titled "What You Choose to be Special"
- Incense and Lures will last for 3 hours
A lot to unpack here! The team is currently analyzing the new moves, so expect an article on this subject in the near future!
We’re excited to announce that Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon, will be featured during August’s Community Day event—which will span two days instead of just one! And that’s not all: when you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), that Pokémon will know a special attack! During this time, evolving Eevee into Sylveon will also require fewer hearts than usual.
In celebration of Eevee Community Day, stickers inspired by Eevee and its Evolutions will be available throughout August! You can get stickers inspired by Eevee by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop, while stickers inspired by Eevee’s Evolutions will be available exclusively from the shop.
Features and bonuses available throughout the weekend
The following bonuses will be active from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions, that Pokémon will know a special attack!
- Vaporeon: Scald
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon
- Flareon: Superpower
- Espeon: Shadow Ball
- Umbreon: Psychic
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed
- Glaceon: Water Pulse
- Sylveon: Psyshock
- Eevee caught or hatched during this time will know Last Resort.
- Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require only seven hearts instead of the usual 70.
- There will be special Timed Research available that rewards a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module.
- There will be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
Features and bonuses available during Community Day hours only
The following features and bonuses will be available on Saturday, August 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time on each day.
- Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Eevee Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, What You Choose to Be.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the What You Choose to Be Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Eggs will require one quarter their usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
It’s going to be an exciting weekend for Eevee fans worldwide, so you definitely won’t want to miss out on this special Community Day event! Which of Eevee’s Evolutions are you most excited to add to your collection? Let us know with #PokemonGOCommunityDay. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team