It's Unova's time to come back into the spotlight!
Announced a few weeks ago as a date with no Pokemon attached to it, our June Community Day is coming, and we now know that the featured Pokemon of the day is none other than the Pseudo Legendary Dark/Dragon Type Pokemon of Generation 5: Deino! This is a long-awaited day, as Deino has traditionally been a rare encounter, but our wait is finally coming to an end. Many (including myself) have wanted our chance to catch a ton of Deino, and with that chance comes a number of interesting changes to the traditional Community Day formula for us to enjoy.
Deino Community Day
|Event Start||Event End|
|2:00 p.m. local time||7:00 p.m. local time|
- Deino will be spawning en-masse and with a greatly increased Shiny rate
- Any Zweilous evolved into Hydreigon will know the Elite Charged Move, Brutal Swing.
- Zweilous will be available as a limited four-star raid boss for the duration of the event. These raids will only be accessible in-person, meaning remote raid passes will not be usable.
- Additionally, any gym that completes a Four Star Zweilous Raid will enjoy additional Deino spawns within a 300-meteor radius for 30 minutes
- Catching enough Deino from a Raid Lure will cause Zwelious to begin spawning on that lure
- A $1 Special Research Story titled "Field Notes: Deino" will be available in the shop
- The Deino Hat that was previously featured in-game will be available in the shop for 150 Pokecoins
- 1/4 Hatch Distance
- 2x Catch Candy
- 2x odds of Deino XL Candy from catches
- Lure Modules and Incense will last for 3 hours
- 1 additional Special Trade will be available for the day, and trades made during the event and for up to 5 hours after will take 50% less Stardust to complete
June 2022 Community Day: Deino
Saturday, June 25, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Deino, the Irate Pokémon, will be featured during June Community Day!
Deino will appear more frequently in the wild.
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Evolve Zweilous (Deino’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Hydreigon that knows the Charged Attack Brutal Swing.
- Trainer Battles: 65 power
- Gyms and raids: 65 power
1/4 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during the event period.
2× chance to receive Deino Candy XL from catching Deino
2× Candy for catching Pokémon
Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day
Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust.
Bonuses for groups
Work together with other Trainers to unlock additional bonuses!
- If enough Pokémon are caught with help from a single Lure Module, wild Zweilous will appear near the Lured PokéStop.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Saturday, June 25, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Trainers can look forward to even more fun during June Community Day! After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to challenge unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Deino to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Please note that the Community Day bonuses listed above in the “Event bonuses” and “Bonuses for groups” sections only apply to the three-hour Community Day event period.
Four-star Raid Battles
Zweilous will be appearing in four-star raids! Band together with your fellow Trainers to emerge victorious!
These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Bonus for completing Four-star Raid Battles
Once you defeat Zweilous in a four-star Raid Battle, Deino will begin to appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
* Deino that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during June Community Day’s three-hour event period.
Community Day Special Research story: Field Notes: Deino
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Deino Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Deino.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Remember, you can give a ticket to a friend so they can experience this Community Day’s Special Research too!* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
- Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Featured avatar item: Deino Hat
Want to rate highly with your friends during Community Day? A Deino Hat might do the trick! You can purchase one in the in-game shop for 150 PokéCoins.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team