TL;DR (updated each day)
Day 13+: Core 8 unlocks, so we're in the endgame now!
Check the Teambuilding Guide if unsure of required Team Compositions! Especially the Core 8 section!
Remember to field bonus units, to get up to 24% increased score! See bonus units here
Scouting Recommendation: Roll a die, or check out the Theater Betting panel!
Today's Max Possible Score: ~65-66k
Today's Max Drone Count: 96
Good luck scouting! If you want, you can check out the daily panel post and vote based on what you see there.
Today's Boss: Core 8 Judge
Remember to only CE Stack if you can beat the normal enemies easily without losing much HP! It barely makes a difference in the end anyway.
- If you must CE stack, use MGSG with Slug (white slug still gives 90 more CE than maxed 5-star buckshot)
- These are the rough scores based on CE:
- 9-10k CE: 32.6k
- 12k CE: 32.7k
- 15k CE: 32.8k
- 18k CE: 32.9k
- 25k CE: 33k
- 30k CE: 33.05k
- This means going for anything beyond 20k is just for flex and is not worth endangering your run for if you don't know what you're doing!
- Bring an ARSMG and RFHG to help deal with the other units!
- Check the Core 8 Section if you need example teams or clear videos!
- Try unconventional fairies (high Fairy Point cost + high rarity)
- Remember to bring Bonus Units! They matter more than boss CE!
Words of wisdom from DMesse:
1. Slug's massive FP bonus obviously nets you more points than Buckshot.
2. Slug SG as leader for more CE no longer works!
3. HG contributes very little to boss CE unless tile buffs are strong, so throw in a real gun instead. But this may kill your real field performance so either git gud or suck it up.
4. MG/SG teams should have as much armor as possible to reach point of no more CE return, but you should also harmonize other nice formation buffs.
5. More HP equals into higher score ratio than any other stats like FP and ACC.
6. MOD doll gives more CE.
7. OATH gives more CE.
8. Variety of fairies available is more important than having 5 stars. Wiggle around to see which gives best. Shield, Armor, Mortar, Airstrike, Taunt, and surprisingly, Sniper tends to give higher score since it's high fairy command cost.
9. For some counterintuitive reason, ARs often pump out more CE with T type exoskeletons than X type exos.
10. With exceptions like construction and search, skill level will contribute to CE. This includes HOCs.
Excerpt from: https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=micateam&no=875688 Findings match my own memory over 3 theater modes.
Clear Video Examples
Core 8 videos are available in the Teambuilding Guide. One example is included below for convenience.
On Theater days with a boss fight, don't CE stack unless you're 100% sure you won't fail the run! It's much better to get very slightly less score (the difference between low CE and optimal is literally less than 1% of final score) than risk failing a run and losing all points!
Don't make the same mistake as people who tried to ram Core 8 with CE stack team and had to retreat, dropping out of top ranks.
Watch out for MAX shield Gundams!
One of the waves contain MAX-shielded Doppels that are impossible to damage without HOC!
Pay attention to upcoming enemies and scroll down to check whether you need to use BGM-71 on the wave or not.
Since the HOC facility is leveled now, even with bad RNG you should be able to have BGM for every gundam you encounter.
The enemies ramp up over time and become fairly difficult as you may have noticed in Advanced 6! Check out possible enemy formations in the Teambuilding Guide and plan accordingly, because you'll likely have a hard time if you don't!
8/4 update: Updated guide for Theater Season 2.
3/31 update: Updated the FAQ and advantaged T-Doll list. (Thanks Arcus!) Added TL;DR section above.
3/30 update: Updated the FAQ to help clarify some common questions about scoring.
3/28 update: Updated the FAQ to answer the CE stacking question.
3/20 update: Added the FAQ.
It's time for Theater Season 2 commander! I heard you enjoyed the last season a lot and can't wait to do it again, so I've set everything up once more!
Since the daily panel was a popular attraction the first time, we're running a second season!
This panel will be an all-new lineup featuring guests like DiggusDBickus and many other GFL EN community regulars, for that chaos factor we were missing the first time.
After all, what better way to predict EN than asking a group of players representative of EN's average skill level?
Prepare some popcorn and join us in this 21-day journey through Theater Season 2!
How can I prepare for Theater?
As mentioned in the guide linked above, there will be bonus dolls you can field for additional stats.
Bonus T-Dolls grant a minimum of 5% bonus each, scaling up to 8% at level 100. The total bonus cannot exceed 24% (so 3x Lv. 100 bonus T-Dolls caps it out).
This is the bonus list for EN Theater 1, which should be identical to the Theater 2 bonus list - since Theater 2 is practically a rerun.
- MICA may or may not rotate KSVK back in because we have her now, but this list probably will not change significantly.
|Basic 5-8||Type 97 Shotgun||Type 95||Type 97||NZ75||9A-91|
|Intermediate 1-4||M99||Thunder||100 Shiki||Ameli||GSh-18|
|Intermediate 5-8||HMG21||USAS-12||DSR-50||Ribeyrolles||SPR A3G|
|Advanced 1-4||Type 79||Carcano M1891||SPAS-12||T91||Super Shorty|
|Core 1-3||Type 97 Shotgun||Type 95||Type 97||NZ75||9A-91|
|Core 4-6||HMG21||USAS-12||DSR-50||Ribeyrolles||SPR A3G|
Players are recommended to level any non-duplicate dolls they have in their armory that they may find useful in the future.
I have the dolls, what kind of teams do I need?
The teams you need are pretty straightforward for everything except Core 8; for more information, check out the Theater Team Building Guide by Yuko!
Which stages should I clear daily?
Do one clear on the area with support bonus, then do one run on the hardest difficulty you can handle. For more information on optimizing this, you can see the advice from DMesse in Episode 1.
How often can I miss Theater?
You should not miss even a single day if you care about % placement rewards. Missing even one day of Theater can drop you 5% or more in rankings (not an exaggeration)!
Since it doesn't take long to do Theater (maybe 15-30 mins), it is highly recommended for all players to do it every day.
Where can I find the bonus doll list?
You can view it in-game, or scroll up.
I don't have most of the bonus units, am I boned?
Bonus units are a significant portion of your score, but being able to clear all of the content will put you way ahead of most players. (Most players won't have the bonus units either - it's a common problem! So relative to the average player, you're probably fine.)
Do I need to fight with my bonus units?
No, you can simply put your bonus units in one of the echelons you build.
As a reminder, the 24% cap can be reached with either 5x Lv. 1 bonus units or 3x Lv. 100 bonus units.
When should I start building facilities?
Players should save their materials for Phase 2 (Core Zone). You can spend some on Hard Zone Fairy/HOC buildings when they unlock if desired, but it's highly likely that players who do not read guides will invest an adequate amount in them.
Should I recover an advantaged doll if I scrapped her?
You only get one recovery per week, so it is recommended to only recover Hard 8/Core 8 bonus units if you need to.
I'm bad at scouting, does that mean I can't get a high %?
You can easily place in the top 5% (if not top 1%) even if you scout randomly, because most of your points come from being able to clear Core 8 consistently with as much bonus as possible. Scouting luck mostly evens out in the long run and won't matter nearly as much as the combat portion of Theater.
Can I get AT4 to ★★★★★ if I place high enough?
If you placed in Top 15% or more in Theater 1, repeating your rank is sufficient to get 5★ AT4.
If you ranked Top 30%, you will need to place Top 5%
So Theater isn't a one-time thing? How often does it happen?
Theater is a relatively new feature even in CN. It's expected to happen 3-4 times per year, though EN's schedule may change.
When does Core unlock?
Core only unlocks when the server has fully cleared the three other stages
Do I need 5-star HOCs to do Core 8?
Not at all! You can clear Core 8 even with 2★ HOCs if you bring the right team.
Do I need to CE stack to do well?
You don't! The point difference from CE stacking is negligible compared to factors outside of your control like Scouting multipliers. (Make sure you bring as many bonus units as you can though!)
Top 100 is at the mercy of guessing correctly and percentile cutoffs depend more on your ability to do the daily checklist (seen in Kalina's letter above) than anything else. If you can clear Core 8 consistently then top 15% is pretty much guaranteed, if not top 5%.
What are some essential fairies for Theater?
- Taunt Fairy is extremely good, perhaps even mandatory (at relatively high Skill Level, 8-10; SL10 highly recommended).
- Because you cannot use duplicates, Twin Fairy can be a good fallback if you need to give an HP sponge to multiple teams.
- Combat Fairies with meaningful skills (Airstrike, Warrior, Anna, etc.) will usually be more useful than strategy fairies, with the exception of strong stat sticks.